Seek Now is a customer experience-technology company leveraging a network of professional experts to provide data-driven inspections.
We deliver ground truth to property & casualty, real estate, and finance customers that enable them to solve their business problems in a matter of hours…minutes…seconds.
Seek Now is well-positioned to disrupt the inspection world through a combination of our hard-working 3rd party contractors, talented employees, vast network, and cutting-edge technology. For us, it is all about solving business problems for our customers. Our proven methods, commitment to excellence, and diverse team of professionals are what set Seek Now apart.
The claim volume and opportunity has never been greater than it is now. So, if you have been thinking about making a change, this may be a great fit for you and your business!
Seek Now is searching for reliable, skilled, and experienced 1099 independent contractors to provide accurate, impartial, and complete home and commercial property inspections. Our 1099 Field Inspectors are experienced claim handlers with the capability and desire to access and inspect steep, high roofs and assist Outside and Inside Insurance Adjusters with amazing customer service.
Ideal candidates include 1099 independent contractors with:
- Insurance Adjuster experience
- Roofing sales or building experience
- Strong team-first customer service attitude
- Ability to access every roof
- A reliable truck, van, or SUV
- An operational laptop and smartphone
- Ability to travel frequently, especially during catastrophic events such as hurricanes and tornadoes
- Desire to increase income
- HAAG Certification
Field Inspector 1099 independent contractor positions are available in all major US markets.
Whom You Are:
- Climber – you can access every roof
- Guardian – you make customers feel safe with you as you enter their homes and inspect around their most valuable possessions
- Traveler – you support our clients immediately after a hurricane, tornado, or other weather catastrophe by traveling to those locations hit by the catastrophe
- Dependable – you understand how critical your role is to the success of our business and yours, so you show up to appointments on time and on schedule consistently; you don’t want to let your team or our customers down
- Empathetic – you truly connect with customers and want to make every client a Seek Now brand advocate
- Accountable – you create high-quality, accurate inspection reports on time every time
- Tech Savvy – you know the basics of using a laptop and a smartphone – typing, navigating to different screens, working in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, using different phone applications, etc.
- Humble – you understand that you are a member of a team, and the team is only as strong as its weakest link
- Customer Advocate – you deliver excellent customer service to every homeowner, adjuster, and client you encounter
Whom You are Not:
- 9 – 5 Office Worker – one that likes to work inside with the same schedule day after day
- Acrophobic – one that is afraid of heights
- Reactive – one that gets easily agitated by others
- Current Roofing Contractor – one that wants to or will continue to work for/own roofing replacement or roofing repair company, as that would be a conflict of interest
- Immobile – one that is unable to travel within a 100-mile radius daily and unable to be on assignment out of state for two (2) to six (6) weeks at a time multiple times a year
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Climb two-story+ and steep roofs
- Carry, set up, and safely climb a 32-foot extension ladder multiple times a day, several days a week
- Lift, carry, and set up ladders and other equipment up to 100 pounds multiple times a day, several days a week
- Sketch and measure roof and/or room components
- Calculate the area of different sized and shaped roofs, rooms, and other inspection areas
- Perform accurate, impartial, and complete roof inspections, which includes but is not limited to identification of roof age, leaks, deterioration, hail damage, wind damage, and previous repairs
- Perform accurate and high-quality home and commercial property inspections
- Enter required photos, measurements, and documentation via proprietary software application via smart phone and laptop within required reporting guidelines
- Travel daily within a 100-mile radius to perform scheduled inspections, which includes an average of two (2) to five (5) hours of driving a day
- Travel more than a 100-miles radius to perform inspections in areas hit by weather catastrophes when needed, which includes assignments averaging two (2) to six (6) weeks at a time
- Maintain professional and safety standards required by insurance carriers
- Partner with internal Seek Now team to complete daily tasks
- Escalate customer and/or client issues when appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to climb and walk on any type of roof
- Skilled in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to use a laptop and a smartphone, which includes navigating between applications, entering data, and using Microsoft Office products
- Ability to earn HAAG Certification within first year
- Ability to submit complete, quality reports on time
- Skilled in customer service
- Skilled in organization and prioritization
- Ability to be a self-starter and a quick learner
- Ability to take assignments on short notice
- Ability to travel daily within a 100-mile radius to perform scheduled inspections, which includes an average of two (2) to five (5) hours of driving a day
- Ability to travel more than a 100-miles radius to perform inspections in areas hit by weather catastrophes when needed, which includes assignments averaging two (2) to six (6) weeks at a time
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in construction, service, or sales preferred
- Previous experience as a roofer ideal
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel required
- HAAG Certification a plus
- Experience with property and liability insurance coverage and standards a plus
- HAAG Certification within first year, if not already obtained
- Clean, reliable truck, van, or SUV
- 32-foot ladder
- Operational laptop and smartphone
- Professional appearance
- Roofing boots
- Valid driver’s license
- State Issued Workers Compensation
- Certificate of General Liability Insurance
- LLC Articles or Certificate of Organization
- Mostly outdoor for external inspections of property
- Occasional indoor inspections of property
- Fully remote
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to drive up to five (5) hours a day
- Must be able to kneel, squat, or bend
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and cold weather conditions
- Must be able to climb, crawl, stoop, reach, and work overhead
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull, up to 100 pounds
- Must have continual use of manual dexterity in both hands
- Must be able to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary
- Must be able to routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers
Position Type and Hours:
- 1099 independent contractor
- You provide your availability
Benefits and Perks:
- Great earning potential – six figures plus, as we are Inc Top 200 fastest growing companies in America!
- Paid weekly
- Team-first environment
- State-of-the-art, technology-based tool for inspections
- Strong support team for our 1099 independent contractor field inspectors
- Hotel fees paid/reimbursed on CAT jobs
Other Duties Disclaimer:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Activities, duties, and responsibilities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Are you a self-motivated, construction savvy independent adjuster, contractor, or inspector looking for a better opportunity with a market-leading, tech-savvy inspection firm? Would you like to work year-round? If yes, put your skills to work conducting field inspections and assessing property conditions with Seek Now (formerly Ladder Now), one of Inc.’s 500 and 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America for consecutive years!
We conduct inspection services for some of the biggest names in the property ecosystem – over 150 insurance companies, real estate, and more – and the way these businesses conduct their daily operations is changing fast, particularly insurance claims. Noncomplicated insurance claims work is shifting away from traditional claims adjusting, with field staff and independent adjusters performing the entire claim process themselves, to virtual adjusting supported by independent inspection services provided by companies like the industry pioneer, Seek Now. Field inspection staff and independent adjusters are being reduced while inside staff and desk adjusting is on the rise.
You have an opportunity to stay ahead of the change and be a part of the shift into new and relevant business models for insurance and other industries before it impacts you. Seek Now is not taking jobs away; rather, we are expanding job opportunities by streamlining, simplifying and future-proofing them for the change that is already upon us. Stay ahead of change, diversify your career opportunities, and add inspection services to your professional skillset. Join #TeamGreen today.